Sometimes, veganism sounds intimidating at first to those who don’t fully understand what it means. Some people might think that they have to give up many of the things they enjoy, like dining out or going shopping for clothes and accessories. This is very far from the truth!
There is a whole world of vegan businesses that enable us to live the same lives we did before discovering veganism, but while now making more conscious and compassionate choices. There are tons of vegan restaurants and shops you can visit. As for vegan accessories, you can easily buy them from a vegan online shop. So, you don’t need to worry too much when you embrace veganism – it is a wonderful new world full of possibilities!
Grocery shopping for vegans
The first thing to do is research plant-based eating, where to get important nutrients like protein and calcium when eating vegan, and the best foods to incorporate with new and exciting recipes to try! Next, go shopping!
Obviously, fresh fruits and vegetables are the best. However, dried and frozen varieties are also a good option, especially if you want to store them for a long time. Don’t worry, frozen fruits and vegetables are just as full of vitamins and nutrients as the fresh ones.
Dried fruits, on the other hand, are a great option for healthy snacking. It’s also an excellent way to fight cravings and avoid bad moods. And the best part is, you can easily get them from a vegan online shop.
Some of the fruits you can add on your grocery list include apple, avocados, bananas, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, kiwi, lemons, limes, mango, peaches, pears, pineapple, plums, and watermelon. The opportunities are endless! Do take note that there is no limit to how much fruits you can add to your diet.
As for vegetables, make sure to get lots of green leafy ones, such as kale, arugula, lettuce, bok choy, and spinach. Don’t forget to add beets, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, eggplant, mushroom, and other healthy vegetables on your grocery list. Make sure to stock up on a wide variety of vegetables, so you don’t get bored with your meals.
Grains, beans and legumes, nuts and seeds, and spices and herbs are other things to add to your list. You can get everything you need from the best vegan online shop.
When doing vegan shopping online, you have many options. You won’t believe how many vegan substitutes for animal-based foods there are! For example, non-dairy milk, such as almond milk, coconut milk, and soymilk, are just as good—if not better. You can also get vegan cheese, vegan butter, and vegan ice cream.
There are also vegan meat substitutes, such as veggie sausage, veggie hotdog, veggie burgers, and veggie chicken. It’s great to indulge in your favorite foods, however, do remember its best to limit your intake of processed foods to obtain a healthy diet. Opt for whole foods like fresh fruits and vegetables as much as you can.
Buying clothes for vegans
As a vegan fashion online shop, we only sell ethically made vegan apparel and accessories, such as the following:
- Veenofs. They produce cruelty-free and vegan handbags made from Piñatex, a leather alternative made from pineapple fibers.
- LaBante. Their handbags are vegan, eco-friendly, and ethically produced made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Gunas. Gunas are committed to producing 100% vegan and cruelty-free products made from Mulbtex, an authentic Korean material made from Mulberry plant leaf pulp.
- Hurtig Lane. Their watch collection for both men and women all make use of straps made from vegan, ethical, and sustainably produced materials, such as vegan leather, rubber, and fabric.
- NAE. NAE is a Portuguese footwear brand that makes use of 100% vegan and sustainable materials.
Keep an eye out on our online shop as we’ll constantly be adding more high-quality, luxurious vegan products!
Choosing beauty and skincare products for vegans
Cruelty-free means the products have never been tested on animals. Organic, on the other hand, means the materials used were grown naturally without the use of toxic chemicals. And when labels say plant-based, it’s referring to products that are made from 100% plant sources. Vegan products mean they contain absolutely no animal-derived ingredients.
However, a product can be cruelty-free, but not vegan. So, how can you tell if the skincare or cosmetic you’re buying is cruelty-free and vegan?
- Check the packaging for a certified bunny logo. Do be careful, as there are products that use fake bunny logos.
- Check an online list of certified cruelty-free brands, such as leaping bunny and PETA.
- Shop from a vegan online shop you trust.
- Use a mobile app to check if the product is cruelty-free. You simply need to scan the product’s barcode, and it will tell you if the product is tested on animals or not.
Here are some famous vegan beauty products you might want to check out.
- Alchimie Forever
- Tata Harper
- Too Faced
- Urban Decay
- Nature’s Gate
- Wet n Wild
- Pacifica Beauty
- Kat Von D Beauty
We pride ourselves on only selling 100% vegan products, and are excited to introduce more and more new products for vegans who want to shop online. Keep an eye on our newsletter and website for new food products, skin care products, and apparel from wonderful vegan designers!