While many are familiar with the vegan diet, another aspect of veganism includes the products you use daily like clothing. Vegan living includes avoiding any form of animal exploitation.
Picking out vegan clothing entails more than avoiding animal-derived products. Sustainability should also be considered, as the production of products we consume affects nature and the environment, where animals live. More than 60% of all clothing contains plastic fibers and the transportation of clothing produces about 1.5 tonnes of carbon dioxide per household. With these alarming statistics, it’s time to make more conscious wardrobe choices.
Those who are new to veganism frequently ask “where can I buy vegan products?” especially clothes, shoes, and accessories. Check out our suggestions below.
Best Vegan Apparel
Vegan fashion ensures that no animal-based material is used in its production. It also promotes eco-friendly and sustainable production. Wearing vegan clothing offers everybody a chance to make a positive impact on the environment and the economy.
Furthermore, another reason to buy vegan clothing is to abolish cruelty. The traditional fashion industry has 80% of women working in processing and assembly factories. They are subjected to daily human rights violations. Movements like The Fashion Revolution are helping turn the tide around by encouraging and promoting the use, production, and sale of ethically-made products.
Vegan fashion is all about making sustainable choices. Check out where you can buy vegan products online such as these pieces:
- Organic cotton blouses – Can be made with recycled organic cotton for softness and recycled polyester to enhance durability, these blouses can take a beating and still look great for a long time.
- Hoodies – These can be made from the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton and printing on the sweatshirt can be made using ecological paint.
- Men’s organic cotton pants – Men’s trousers and pants can be made from organic cotton fiber whose cultivation takes place without using chemicals and artificial fertilizers as certified by the GOTS.
- Unisex hats – Designed to keep you warm in cold weather, hats can be made from FAIRTRADE and GOTS certified organic cotton that’s kind to the skin and for comfortable wear.
- Atik Nude Peep Toe Shoes – This pair of vegan women’s shoes feature an OEKO-Tex certified microfiber upper material, which is certified free of harmful chemicals and safe for human use. The anti-allergy microfiber lining is breathable, and the metal buckle is nickel-free.
- Basic White Sneakers Made with Pinatex – These unisex vegan sneakers feature construction from Pinatex, a natural material made from pineapple leaf fibres and water-resistant.
Best Vegan Beauty Products
More and more compassionate companies are now producing great products without animal testing. To make finding vegan products to buy online easier, here are some favorite cruelty-free brands:
Keep an eye on our website as we’ll be adding more vegan beauty products in the future!
Best Vegan Accessories
If you are looking to buy vegan products, here’s a choice of beautiful accessories available on our website:
- Hurtig Lane Amalfi Petite strap watch – Features beautiful vegan leather and mesh straps available in different colors to match any outfit for day or nightwear.
- Camilla Java Shopper Bag – A chic shopper bag with a nice gold accent. The bag is made from Pinatex, a material derived from pineapple leaves. The handles and detailing are made from recycled apple residue and polyester apple skin. The lining is made from organic recycled polyester.
- Gunas New York Flamingo Bag – A large yet lightweight bag that won the 2015 Instyle Magazine’s Best Green Handbag Award. It is made from 100% vegan textured eco polyurethane, black lining from recycled plastic bottles, and recycled 18K gold plating metal hardware.
- Labante London Vanessa Grey Across Body Bag – Featuring handcrafted butterflies for a touch of glamour, this bag is manufactured using polyurethane and vegetable by-products. As an ethical brand, workers receive fair remuneration and provided with a balanced work and home life.
Hopefully, the suggestions above answer your question of “where can I buy vegan products?” You can take your positive-living journey a step further by exploring vegan alternatives in other aspects of your life. When traveling, look out for vegan hotels and restaurants. When doing activities with your friends, avoid entertainment that involves using animals like zoos, aquariums, and circuses, and instead visit animal sanctuaries that allow animals to live in peace.
Veganism expands through all aspects of our lives, and we have the power to make more compassionate choices every day!